Charitable Giving Campaign
Founded in 1941, Variety the Children’s Charity of Southern California is dedicated to inspiring hope, enriching lives and building a better future for the children of Southern California. The money raised in Southern California stays in this community and Variety is proud that it is able to modify its agenda in order to meet the evolving conditions encompassing our region, providing support wherever the need is greatest. Variety awards over half a million dollars annually to our organizations which serve our children in the areas of Health Care, Education and Mobility. Variety is also a major supporter of the Variety Boys and Girls Club of Boyle Heights.
Your donation to Variety the Children’s Charity directly impacts Children in need in LA County!
- $15 helps support early literacy programs with books for underprivileged children as young as 6 months old.
- $25 helps provide meals and safe day care for children in families dealing with homelessness.
- $50 provides at risk youth after school programs like homework assistance, arts and science workshops, college prep and gang prevention counseling.
- $100 helps send a child with a life-threatening illness to summer camp where they meet kids like themselves and for the first time in their lives “don’t feel so alone”.
- $200 helps with life saving counseling and medical care for children dealing with domestic abuse and neglect.
- $600 will provide centers for kids with special needs an adaptive bike so that children with disabilities can ride a bike for the very first time!
- $1,000 will support our educational scholarships for teens in underserved areas who are trying hard to overcome obstacles and achieve their dreams.
Back to Charitable Giving
Office of Workplace Programs
500 West Temple St., Room B-1, Kenneth Hahn Hall of Administration, Los Angeles, CA 90012 Phone: (213) 974-2619 · Fax: (213) 633-4694
OFFICE HOURS ·
Mon, Tues,Thursday: 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Wednesday: CLOSED
Friday: 8:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.