Enroll Early – Enroll Early – Enroll Early
Access the Web or telephone enrollment system!
Go to www.mylacountybenefits.com
Try using the online enrollment system.
It’s fast, easy and you’ll see your changes as you make them.
YOU SHOULD RECEIVE YOUR ANNUAL ENROLLMENT PACKET BY OCTOBER 10, 2013.
If you do not receive your packet, or you lose it, click on “Employee Benefits” in the top navigation bar of this page, then click “Benefit Plans” in the left navigation menu. Select your plan’s tab: Choices, Options, MegaFlex or Flex. You may view or print each plan’s Highlights Guide, Quick Start Summary, Medical and Dental Plans Comparison Chart and Summary Plan Description.
OPTIONS & CHOICES EMPLOYEES CURRENTLY WAIVING MEDICAL COVERAGE
To waive medical coverage for 2014, you must complete a waiver and provide information on your other coverage (comparable to County coverage) during annual enrollment. If you do not complete a new medical waiver, you will automatically be enrolled in a medical plan for 2014, and you will not be allowed to waive coverage again until 2015. So, if you don’t want County medical coverage in 2014, take action! Refer to your enrollment packet for more details.
HEALTH CARE REFORM UPDATE
Adult Children: You may now cover adult children under 26 even if they are eligible for another employer-sponsored plan, such as a plan from their employer or their spouse’s employer.
Affordable Care Act (ACA) Individual Mandate: Beginning in 2014, most Americans will be required to have health care coverage or pay a penalty. This is known as the “Individual Mandate.” By enrolling in a County- or Union-Sponsored medical plan, you have complied with this requirement in the law and will not be subject to a penalty.
Health Insurance Marketplaces: You may have heard about the health insurance marketplaces rolling out as part of the ACA implementation. These marketplaces are designed primarily for individuals who are not offered employer-subsidized health insurance coverage, or who are offered coverage that does not meet minimum value and affordability standards. The County offers comprehensive, subsidized medical coverage which meets or exceeds the “minimum value” standard and is intended to be affordable based on your wages. For more information see page seven of the Annual Benefits Enrollment Highlights Guide.
1) ENROLL EARLY: Avoid the last minute rush! Remember that both telephone and Web enrollment systems will shut down at midnight on October 31st.
2) ALL PINS WILL BE RESET: Effective October 1, the system will reset your PIN to a six-digit code reflecting the two-digit month and four-digit year of your birth (MMYYYY format). For example, if you were born in May 1962, your PIN would be 051962. You will then be asked to choose another six-digit PIN, which you can use for the next 12 months.
3) TWO WAYS TO ENROLL: Use any computer with Internet access or a touch-tone telephone; both systems will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from October 1st through October 31st.
4) WEB ENROLLMENT: Make sure you take advantage of our online enrollment system. It’s faster, easier, and more efficient! Just log on to www.mylacountybenefits.com. You can see your changes as you make them. When you’re done, you can print out a confirmation statement for your records. You should review your statement and make sure your enrollment is correct. If you don’t have access to a computer at work or at home, you can also visit your local library for access.
5) TELEPHONE ENROLLMENT: To enroll by phone, call the telephone enrollment system at (888) 822-0487. TIP: The telephone enrollment system works best with regular touch-tone phones since cell phones and speakerphones create background noise that can interfere with the enrollment process.
6) DOCUMENTATION: If you add a spouse, domestic partner, or child, don’t forget to provide a Social Security number and any required documents. If you do not, your dependents will not be enrolled for 2014. Write your employee number on each certificate or document and fax them to (310) 788-8775, or mail them to the Plan Administrator, P.O. Box 67128, Los Angeles, CA 90067. You may also upload pdf files of your documents using the link on your personalized homepage at mylacountybenefits.com or email them to email@example.com.
If proof documents are received by the deadline and approved, your dependent’s coverage will be effective on January 1, 2014. You must provide a Social Security number for each new dependent or for all dependents if you change medical plans.
7) CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLMENT: If you plan to enroll by Web, be sure you record and confirm your elections by clicking the “Click here to CONFIRM my elections!” button on the Benefits Cost Summary page. If you don’t, your 2014 elections will not be recorded. After confirming your elections, scroll down to the bottom of the 2014 confirmation statement and print a copy of the statement for your files.
If you plan to enroll by phone, do not hang up until you hear: “Your benefit elections have been confirmed and recorded” and you hear a confirmation number. Be sure to write the number down for future reference. You will receive a Confirmation Statement within seven days. Note: If you don’t receive your statement within seven days after your most recent enrollment, call the telephone system at (888) 822-0487 and request a confirmation statement.
Remember, your enrollment is not complete until the County of Los Angeles Benefits Administrator has received all required documents, if any, by the deadline and approved the documentation.
8) QUESTIONS: The Benefits Hotline can help. In October, representatives are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call (213) 388-9982.
1) SPENDING ACCOUNTS: Your enrollment in the Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts do not automatically carry over into the new plan year. You MUST RE-ENROLL during each annual enrollment period – even if you want to keep your contributions the same.
2) ELECTIVE ANNUAL LEAVE FOR MEGAFLEX PARTICIPANTS: Remember, you must enroll each year to purchase elective annual leave days. If you do not elect to purchase elective annual leave days during annual enrollment, they will not be renewed for 2013.
2) DEPENDENT SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER REQUIREMENT: During annual enrollment, be prepared to provide Social Security numbers for your family members if you change your medical plan or add dependents to your current plan.