News of the Month
Annual Enrollment is here. Make Sure to Enroll Early.
October 1st to October 31st, 2014
Go to www.mylacountybenefits.com
or call 1-(888) 822-0487
Use the Web – It’s fast easy and you can print your confirmation statement.
CAN’T FIND YOUR 2015 ANNUAL ENROLLMENT PACKET?
Click on “Employee Benefits” in the top navigation bar of the DHR portal, and then click “Benefit Plans” in the left navigation menu. Select your plan’s tab: Choices, Options, MegaFlex or Flex. You may view or print each plan’s Highlights Guide, Quick Start Summary, Medical and Dental Plans Comparison Chart and Summary Plan Description (SPD). (2015 SPDs will be available by November 1, 2014).
OPTIONS & CHOICES EMPLOYEES CURRENTLY WAIVING MEDICAL COVERAGE:
To waive medical coverage for 2015, you must complete a waiver and provide information on your other coverage during annual enrollment. If you do not complete a new medical waiver, you will automatically be enrolled in a medical plan for 2015, and you will not be allowed to waive coverage again until 2015. So, if you don’t want County medical coverage in 2015, take action! Waiver rules have changed for employees who waived via a private or Marketplace insurance plan. Refer to your enrollment packet for more details.
1) ENROLL EARLY: Avoid the last minute rush! Remember that both telephone and Web enrollment systems will shut down at midnight on October 31st.
2) ALL PINS ARE RESET: Effective October 1, the system reset your PIN to a six-digit code reflecting the two-digit month and four-digit year of your birth (MMYYYY format). For example, if you were born in May 1962, your PIN would be 051962. You will then be asked to choose an eight-digit PIN, which you can use for the next 12 months.
3) ANNUAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD: Use any computer with Internet access or a touch-tone telephone; both systems will be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week from October 1st through October 31st.
4) WEB ENROLLMENT: Make sure you take advantage of our online enrollment system. It’s faster, easier, and more efficient! Just log on to mylacountybenefits.com. You can see your changes as you make them. When you’re done, you can print out a confirmation statement for your records. Review your statement and make sure your enrollment is correct. If you don’t have access to a computer at work or at home, you can also visit your local library for access.
5) TELEPHONE ENROLLMENT: To enroll by phone, call the telephone enrollment system at (888) 822-0487. TIP: The telephone enrollment system works best with regular touch-tone phones since cell phones and speakerphones create background noise that can interfere with the enrollment process.
6) DOCUMENTATION: If you add a spouse, domestic partner, or child, don’t forget to provide a Social Security number and any required documents. If you do not, your dependents will not be enrolled for 2015. Here are the ways to provide your documents to the Benefits Administrator:
- Write your employee number on each document and fax to
- Attach scanned documents to an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Upload your scanned certificates from mylacountybenefits.com
- Mail them to the Plan Administrator, P.O. Box 67128, Los Angeles,
If proof documents are received by the deadline and approved, your dependent’s coverage will be effective on January 1, 2015. You will need to provide a Social Security number for each new dependent.
7) CONFIRM YOUR ENROLLMENT: If you plan to enroll by Web, be sure you record and confirm your elections by clicking the “Click here to CONFIRM my elections!” button on the Benefits Cost Summary page. If you don’t, your 2015 elections will not be recorded. After confirming your elections, scroll down to the bottom of the 2015 confirmation statement and print a copy of the statement for your files.
If you plan to enroll by phone, do not hang up until you hear: “Your benefit elections have been confirmed and recorded” and you hear a confirmation number. Be sure to write it down for future reference. You will receive a Confirmation Statement within seven days. Note: If you don’t receive your statement within seven days after your most recent enrollment, call the telephone system at (888) 822-0487 and request a confirmation statement.
Remember, your enrollment is not complete until the County of Los Angeles Benefits Administrator has received all required documents, if any, by the deadline and approved the documentation.
8) QUESTIONS: The Benefits Hotline can help. In October, representatives are available 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Call (213) 388-9982.
1) SPENDING ACCOUNTS: Your enrollment in the Health Care and Dependent Care Spending Accounts do not automatically carry over into the new plan year. You MUST RE-ENROLL during each annual enrollment period – even if you want to keep your contributions the same.
2) ELECTIVE ANNUAL LEAVE FOR MEGAFLEX PARTICIPANTS: Remember, you must enroll each year to purchase elective annual leave days. If you do not elect to purchase elective annual leave days during annual enrollment, they will not be renewed for 2015.
3) DEPENDENT SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER REQUIREMENT: During annual enrollment, be prepared to provide Social Security numbers for your family members if you change your medical plan or add dependents to your current plan. If you do not, your dependents will not be enrolled.